This is about….
DEED OF AGREEMENT
THE NEW ZEALAND CRUISE SHIP INDUSTRY
PURPOSES OF AGREEMENT
The purposes of this Agreement are:
- To enable managed access to unique parts of New Zealand’s coastal marine
- area and a World Heritage area.
- To foster and promote the sustainable management of the Internal Waters in
- a manner consistent with the principles and provisions of RCP and RMA.
- To meet ES’s coastal management and control obligations in CMA generally.
- To provide a collaborative management framework between ES and Cruise
- Ship Owners and/or Operators allowing as far as possible the management and growth of cruise ship operations in the Internal Waters.
In carrying out their obligations of this Agreement the parties shall use their best
endeavours to ensure that the purposes of this Agreement are adhered to and
promoted. Any interpretation of this Agreement shall be such as best promotes
the purposes set out in this Clause.
Failure to comply with the provisions and terms of this Agreement may result in
Environment Southland requiring resource consent[s] from the cruise ship owner
and/or operator concerned.